To excel in a career, everyone has to face an interview.
An interview is an inevitable part of our life and career.
When we meet someone, ask us about our whereabouts; it is too one kind of interview. Try your best to answer those questions; it will help you to develop your interview skills.
So one must always be prepared for an interview.
In professional interviews, an important question is ” Tell me about yourself?”.
Many candidates though well-prepared, fail to answer this question. The reason is that most of the candidates answer this question monotonously. The candidate whose answer is professional and promising has more chances of cracking the interview.
A simple formula for answering, “Tell Me About Yourself?”
- Talk a little bit about what your current role is, the scope of it, and perhaps a recent accomplishment.
- Talk about how you can be an asset to the job you’re applying for.
- Mention your previous experience relevant to the job and company you’re applying to.
- Talk about your professional qualities and objectives.
- Highlight your personality to break the ice.
How to prepare yourself for an interview :
- Know yourself very well;
- Understand your SWOT;
- Develop your personality;
- Develop your soft skills;
- Develop your communication skills;
- Work on your verbal and non-verbal communication;
- Keep your attitude positive;
- Do rehearsals