Nowadays, EQ is a better indicator of success in the workplace.
According to research, personal qualities such as perseverance, self-control, and skill in getting along with others influence our success. Workers with high EQ are better able to work in teams, adjust to change, and be flexible.
Research has found that individuals with strong leadership potential are more emotionally intelligent.
Emotional intelligence enhances the following traits in us:
- Has a healthy sense of self-awareness;
- Understands strengths and weaknesses;
- A person with a high EQ can maturely reveal emotions and exercise restraint when needed;
- Emotionally intelligent people are self-motivated;
- A person who has empathy has compassion and an understanding of human nature that allows connecting with other people on an emotional level. The ability to empathize allows a person to respond genuinely to other’s concerns;
- Emotionally intelligent people can build rapport and trust quickly with others.
- They usually have respect for others around them.
A high EQ will get you through life.