Our country – India is a land of great personalities. Among them is The Great King – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. He is known as ‘The Father of the Indian Navy.
Many institutes in the world consider him as a ‘Management Guru.’
There are many inspiring lessons one can learn from his life and implement them for success in personal and professional life. I have noted down few lessons to be learned from his life :
- Respect for self;
- Respect for parents;
- Respect for teachers;
- Respect for mentors;
- Respect for women:
- Respect for people working for you and working with you;
- Respect for everyone.
2. Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional intelligence helps to understand, use, and manage emotions in positive ways to relieve stress;
- It helps to communicate effectively;
- It helps in empathizing with others;
- It helps to maintain personal as well as professional relationships;
- It helps in handling any situation effectively;
- It helps in overcoming challenges.
3. Positive Attitude
- Attitude plays a major role in success;
- A positive attitude helps in seeing opportunity even in adversity;
- It helps to be optimistic;
- It helps to learn from every event and situation of life;
- It helps to develop a ‘ never give up attitude.
- It helps to develop an’ I can’ attitude.
- Self-confidence helps to face any situation in life;
- Continuous practicing can help in developing it;
- One can develop it by learning new lessons and then implementing them.
5. Analytical abilities
- It helps in analyzing self – knowing strengths and weaknesses (SWOT).
- It helps in understanding the situations and people involved, from a broader perspective.
6. Be a good learner
- It helps to improve skills;
- It helps to enhance knowledge;
- It helps to learn new things;
- It helps to keep up with times;
- It helps in improving skills;
- It helps in developing new skills.
7. Good communication skills
- Good communication skills help to listen to what others have to say;
- It helps in reading between the lines;
- It helps in developing and understanding verbal ( listening, speaking, reading, and writing) as well as non-verbal ( body language, tone, facial expressions, eye contact ) communications;
- It helps in communicating assertively;
- It helps in developing good negotiation skills.
- Setting goals:
- Prioritizing them;
- Implement the lessons learned to achieve those goals.
- It helps to be committed to achieving goals;
- t helps to overcome all the problems/issues/challenges;
- It refrains from giving excuses.