Mobile phones have become a necessity today. Be it connecting with people, watching online shows, listening to songs, reading news, and many more things.
A recent survey found out that most adults have mobile phones. Many of them admitted that they never turn their devices off. Because of mobile, we strive to be connected and available. It makes us feel tired, nervous, and absent-minded.
It is high time to discover more about the negative influence of mobile technologies.
During the lockdown, many parents provided their kids with cell phones, too. So they can easily access online classes. But there are many risks related to mobile phones, which has now turned into a global issue. There are many ill impacts of mobile phones on the mental and physical health of children, youth, elderly.
Some of the prominent and easily understood side effects are:
- Impact on physical health
- Blurred Vision;
- Sleep Disorders;
- Neck and Back Pain;
- Weakens the immune system;
- Chronic pain;
- Loss of hearing;
- Weight gain and decreased fitness level;
- Waste of energy;
- Prone to the accident;
- Loss of human life.
- Impact on Mental health
Mobile phones harm our sleep, which has increased stress on us. Stress leads to the release of the stress hormone – cortisol, leading to various health issues such as hampered thinking process, impaired concentration, and anxiety.
- Impact on professional life
- Distractions and interruptions due to mobile phones during office/study hours have hampered our performance at work/schools/colleges.
- Study Loss.
- Impact on social life.
Mobile phones have made us more isolated and compelled us to live in a virtual world, leading to distance from our loved ones.
Having said about the disadvantages of mobile phones, I would also like to emphasize on many advantages of mobile phones, if used properly:
- Better means of communication;
- Connect to the world;
- Learning options to users;
- Great exposure to the latest things;
- Ways to personality development;
- Alarm & reminder;
- Data transfer;
- Simple ways to access applications and many more.
Here are some ways to use your mobile more effectively for more benefits than risks:
- Use airplane mode as often as possible, especially during conversations or meetings;
- Keep the phone away from your body if you’re streaming or downloading or sending large files;
- Do not sleep with your cell phone near you, as it tends to disturb your sleep;
- Reduce cell phone use when the signal is weak
- Remove your headsets when not on a call;
- The mobile phone made our life easy. Due to that, we have become very active and prone to a sedentary lifestyle, thus leading to weight gain.
The Final Thought
With all that said and done, the way you utilize your mobile phone matters. If used wisely, a mobile phone can be one of the best gadgets you will ever hold. You can use it to benefit your life profitably. There are always benefits and risks associated with everything. With continuous efforts, one can learn to use more beneficially. You can work yourself or with a Coach who can guide you for the effective use of mobile phones or overcome mobile addiction.