Nowadays, EQ is a better indicator of success in the workplace. It helps to identify leaders, good team players, and people who best work by themselves.
According to research, personal qualities such as perseverance, self-control, and skill in getting along with others influence our success.
Workers with high EQ are better able to work in teams, adjust to change, and be flexible. As the workplace continues to evolve, making room for new technologies and innovations, these qualities may become increasingly important.
Research has found that individuals with strong leadership potential are more emotionally intelligent. It suggests that a high EQ is an essential quality for business leaders and managers.
Emotional intelligence enhances the following traits in us:
- If a person has a healthy sense of self-awareness, he/she understands his/her strengths and weaknesses;
- A person with a high EQ can maturely reveal his/her emotions and exercise restraint when needed;
- Emotionally intelligent people are self-motivated;
- A person who has empathy has compassion and an understanding of human nature that allows him/her to connect with other people on an emotional level. The ability to empathize allows a person to respond genuinely to other’s concerns;
- Emotionally intelligent people can build rapport and trust quickly with others.
- They usually have respect for others around them.
A high EQ will get you through life.