Meditation is doing everything by doing nothing. I know it sounds contradictory, but it is true. We all know, to do something successfully, we need to accept it mentally and be focused.
Our rich Indian culture and its traditions are based on meditation and its benefits. It taught the world how to meditate, how to think deeply, and how to develop spiritually.
Meditation helps you in:
- Thinking deeply about something ;
- To focus one’s mind for a while on a particular object, thought, or activity ;
- To engage in mental exercises;
- Be mentally clear and emotionally calm and in a stable state;
- Reducing stress and pain; and
- Increasing peace, self-concept, and well-being.
One can meditate anywhere and anytime, but doing it at the same time, in the same place, helps your mind, and the body adapts easily.
Here are ways to meditate:
- Sit or lie comfortably (asana);
- Be calm and close your eyes;
- Breathe naturally;
- Focus your attention on the breath;
- Start your meditation by taking several deep breaths.
However, it sounds easy; but frankly speaking, it is hard to implement it. The simple reason is that it is hard to sit alone, doing nothing, with the clutter in our heads. It is hard to avoid all internal contradictions, fear, and self-rejections.
One can master it only with dedication and perseverance. A positive attitude and gratitude help us to concentrate and calm down.
Benefits of meditation :
- Reduces stress;
- Controls anxiety;
- Promotes emotional health;
- Enhances self-awareness;
- Increased attention span.
Looking at all the benefits of meditation, everyone must practice meditation.
One can practice it in a traditional way such as tratak, with the help of a mantra, beads, and focusing on breaths. Also, one can formulate their meditation methods.
On this Mahashivratri, give some of your time in understanding yourself by meditating. It will help us to develop physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
ॐ शान्ति: शान्ति: शान्ति: