I am getting many queries regarding information about counseling, coaching, and mentoring sessions. Many people mainly contact to understand the difference between these three before going for further sessions. Since I am working as a Counselor, Life coach, and a Mentor, I thought of writing an article to help many people to understand differences.
Counseling is the professional guidance of the individual by utilizing psychological methods in collecting case history data, using various techniques of the personal interview, and testing interests and aptitudes. It is a collaborative effort between the counselor and the client.
Certified counselors help clients to:
– Identify goals and potential solutions to problems that cause an emotional disturbance;
– Seek to improve communication and coping skills;
– Strengthen self-esteem;
– Promote behavior change and optimal mental health.
It is a process that helps clients in dealing with their personal and interpersonal conflicts. It is a profession dedicated to helping people experiencing both situational and long-term problems.
Life coaching is guidance to help people make progress in their lives to attain greater fulfillment. Life coaches help their clients in improving their relationships, careers, and day-to-day lives. A Life coach is someone who helps you identify your goals and develop an actionable plan to achieve them. A life coach encourages clients on a range of professional and personal issues. You would hire a coach to help you with specific professional projects, personal goals, and transitions.
A Life Coach helps you to:
- Overcome obstacles and hurdles in your success;
- Build confidence;
- Find a career that you love;
- Get clear on your goals;
- Stay accountable to your goals;
- Do more of the activities that engage you;
- Form better relationships;
- Have more meaning in your life.
A life coach is someone that looks to empower others by helping them make, meet, and exceed goals in both personal and professional life.
Mentoring is sharing knowledge, skills, and life experience by a more experienced person to guide another towards reaching their full potential; it is a journey of shared discovery for the future. Mentoring is a positive, supportive relationship, encouraging young people to develop to their fullest potential. Mentoring is a relationship between two people with the goal of professional and personal development.
The benefits of a mentoring relationship:
- Being encouraged and empowered in personal development;
- Being helped to identify and achieve career goals;
- To identify and correct gaps in generic skills and knowledge;
- Increasing your confidence;
- Developing and maintaining a broader perspective on career options and opportunities.
In simple words,
Counseling is a therapy, which needs a deeper understanding of the client’s emotions and feelings and their impact on the day-to-day life of the client.
Life coaching requires more understanding of the client’s potential and thinking about life, career, and relationship. It encourages clients to form their own goals, boost their confidence, and help them to find ways to achieve it.
Mentoring is suggesting to the client the ways he/she can follow to achieve already decided goals.
In all three, it is necessary to believe in your Counsellor, Life Coach, and Mentor for desired results. You can visit my website – https://ables.in for more information on counseling, life coaching, and mentoring.