Any education aims to make development in any individual, making him/her a better human being.
Though literacy rate and percentage have risen during recent times, the only focus is on making individual capable of reading and writing, rather than thinking positively.
Today’s education lacks the gist of moral education in it, leading to the degeneration of moral values in society.
With rapid urbanization and modernization, the moral values of people are degrading day by day. Unhealthy competition is making us strive more for money, success at any cost rather than being prosperous and happy.
Trust, integrity, love, brotherhood, and all other positive feelings are fading away with time. It is the moral values that teach us to share and make new friends at school, college, and life but today, children are taught not to trust anyone and make less of friends.
Now let’s see what moral education means; it is something that teaches you human values; it teaches you how to think morally and what is right and what is wrong.
- Moral education means an ethical education that helps choose the right path in life. It comprises some basic principles such as truthfulness, honesty, charity, hospitality, tolerance, love, kindness, and sympathy.
- Moral education makes one perfect.
Children are the foundation of our society and the future of our nation. For any country, its citizens must be morally equipped.
Moral education can be rendered from childhood at home, school, and college, by tutors, mentors, elders, and parents. It is our responsibility to teach morals to kids by practicing what is right in front of the kids.
It is an education for all at each stage of life.
Moral education has many advantages, such as:
- It develops a sense of discipline;
- It develops habits and manners;
- It teaches to respect people;
- It develops moral values in an individual;
- It helps to have control over bad habits;
- It helps us in positive thinking;
- It helps to develop personality;
- It helps to develop interpersonal skills;
- It helps to understand the values of life;
- It helps to learn the virtue of cleanliness and punctuality;
- It helps to develop emotional intelligence;
- It helps to be a good human being.
Looking at so many benefits of moral education in one’s life and success, it is the responsibility of every parent, teacher, school, college, educational professional, and institute to impart it to every student.
So friends, let’s come together to develop ourselves, our society, our country, and our world morally. ✍