Nowadays, we see people suffering from various diseases. Life has become hectic from school to work. Even small kids are feeling the pressure of situations. We hear so many bad news due to illnesses.
They are many underlying reasons for illnesses such as high cholesterol, fat accumulation in the body, hereditary, etc.
Fortunately, we have one superfood on our list that can efficiently tackle issues related to illnesses.
Yes, I am talking about one of the regular items in our kitchen-Garlic.
We can add it to our food items or can intake sliced / small raw cloves like a capsule with our meal.
Many types of research have proven their benefits, such as:
1. Garlic is highly nutritious with few calories. Garlic contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
2. Garlic supplements are known to boost the function of the immune system.
3. Garlic supplements seem to reduce total and LDL cholesterol.
4. Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging.
5. It is high in allicin, which helps stimulate circulation and blood flow.
6. Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
7. Garlic may help in detoxification.
8. It complements most dishes, particularly soups and sauces.
However, keep in mind that there are some side effects of garlic, such as bad breath. Some people are allergic to it. If you have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood-thinning medications, talk to your doctor before increasing your garlic intake.
I hope all of you now understood what a precious food item we have in our kitchen.
So now it is our duty, especially home-makers to make tasty recipes and add garlic in it for flavor as well as for health benefits.
Amol Dixit – Dietitian