I follow Warren Buffett, one of the greatest investors that have ever lived, for his quotes, thoughts, and his views on investments.
In an essay celebrating Forbes’ 100th anniversary, billionaire Warren Buffett insisted that self-investment “supersedes” all other investments. He revealed how he overcame his weakness of public speaking early in his career. He enrolled himself in a course to improve his skills. As his speaking skills improved, his confidence grew.
According to Warren Buffett, improving your talent is an investment no one can take away from you. It is like an investment worth making.
Why is investing in self so powerful?
Investing in self sends a powerful message to self and the world that you are born to live, earn, and succeed. You will never get a better return on life than when you truly invest in yourself.
- You believe in yourself;
- You plan for your own personal and professional development;
- You are engaged in a continuous, and mindful, lifelong learning strategy;
- You have taken the time to identify what you don’t know instead of letting others tell you what they think you don’t know;
- You pursue ideas, programs, and training that are a step or two or three beyond your current level of comprehension;
- You make yourself travel on a path of self-discovery and self-worth;
- You are willing to make investments in enhancing your abilities;
- You are giving yourself honest feedback and work with others who will provide you with honest and direct feedback.
Invest as much as you can in self starting right now, and you will see returns beyond anything you could imagine. Investing in self means to invest in your future. Material things come and go, but your knowledge stays with you.
Here are some ways to help you make the most of your investment –
- Set goals;
- Cultivate positive habits and stick to them with a daily routine;
- Invest in building your confidence;
- Invest in learning, surround yourself with excellence;
- Attend seminars, conferences, meetings, and workshops;
- Choose to be happy and healthy;
- Invest in a Mentor / Coach.
Invest in self for a happy and prosperous life – ABLES